Juvenile Myositis can impact any organ and can be life-threatening. The current treatments, including chemotherapy and immuno-suppressants, come with a multitude of side effects, many of which are life changing.
That’s where we come in.
Cure JM is the leading funder of Juvenile Myositis disease care and research. We are putting your gift straight to work to find better treatments, ensure access to better care, and give everyone diagnosed with Juvenile Myositis the best shot possible at a bright and hopeful future.
Here’s how we’re changing the lives of children and young adults with Juvenile Myositis:
• Investing over $17 million to help create major investigational programs at leading research institutions around the world.
• Funding over 180 critical research studies moving us closer to better treatments, better care, better quality of life, and a cure.
• Providing vital resources and connections for over 3,000 patients and families in 45 countries.
• Supporting four major Centers of Excellence to advance JM research and deliver world-class care to JM patients at George Washington University Hospital, Lurie Children’s Hospital (Chicago), Seattle Children’s Hospital and Duke Children’s Hospital and Medical Center.
• Supporting breakthrough genetics studies at the world-renowned Center for Applied Genomics at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, as well as at other institutions.
• Assisting major drug discovery initiatives at the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences at NIH and in partnership with biotech companies with investigational new autoimmune drugs.
Like most rare diseases, Juvenile Myositis research funding comes almost entirely from grassroots efforts like these fundraising pages.
We are so grateful for your support.